Last Updated on April 14, 2020 by Greg Head
We have searched the market and have come up with a list of the best travel pants for men who love to travel or just be comfortable in day-to-day activities.
Best Travel Pants for Men
- Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant [easyazon_link keywords=”Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy Here)[/easyazon_link]
- Outdoor Research Men’s Ferrosi Pants [easyazon_link keywords=”Outdoor Research Men’s Ferrosi Pants” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy Here)[/easyazon_link]
- Columbia Men’s Global Adventure III Pant [easyazon_link keywords=”Columbia Men’s Global Adventure III Pant” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy Here)[/easyazon_link]
- Men’s Global Traveler Pant Royal Robbins [easyazon_link keywords=”royal robbins Men’s Global Traveler Pant” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy Here)[/easyazon_link]
What we look for as we rated the best men’s travel pants:
- Wrinkle-free after unpacking
- Crease-free after wearing them for hours
- Functional with well-placed pockets
- Comfortable for hiking or for traveling
- Easy to clean — no dry cleaning needed
- Appropriate to dress up or down, depending on the situation
- May want pants with security pockets or with quick-dry fabric
Reviews of men’s travel pants
A good quality pair of men’s travel pants will serve you well.
Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant
These are excellent, versatile, comfortable pants.
The Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible [easyazon_link identifier=”B0058YV8UY” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](See example here)[/easyazon_link] pair has a straight cut and there is a removable external belt, so you get a good fit.
The material is 100% nylon, so these trousers wear well and offer Omni-Shade UPF 50 sun protection.
They feature quick-wicking material as well.
If you want pockets there are plenty, these pants have six of them, but none of them are secured by zips.
These are great pants for warmer weather.
We were not sure whether we should include a set on the list because they do not really tick the box of being able to be worn to social occasions.
They are fine for a casual dinner or drink with friends, but you would not want to wear them to a more formal event.
That said there are many advantages to traveling with a pair of trousers you can convert into a pair of shorts.
Outdoor Research Men’s Ferrosi Pants
Outdoor Research Ferrosi traveler pants [easyazon_link keywords=”Outdoor Research Ferrosi” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](See example here)[/easyazon_link] are primarily designed for hiking, so have an extra zippered pocket on the thigh.
It is well crafted, so the zip and opening lay flat, meaning that if you want to wear these trousers to dinner you can get away with it.
There are also two zipped pockets in the back.
On the darker versions, the zips blend in with the rest of the material.
However, some users have described the two front pockets as small.
These pants are stretch woven, so are very comfortable to wear and are a nylon/spandex mix, which means they are durable, crease resistant and easy to wash and dry.
We like that they are abrasion and wind-resistant and will remain crease-free.
Royal Robbins Men’s Global Traveler Pant
The Royal Robbins Global Traveler pants [easyazon_link identifier=”B008FX8FLU” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy here)[/easyazon_link] are made of 100% nylon.
That is good from a wear and tear point of view, but it is not always a good thing from a comfort point of view because there is no elastic element to the fabric.
However, these pants are well made and cut well, so they are actually comfortable to wear for travelling, sightseeing and walking, but you would not want to use them for an activity like rock climbing.
They are coated in Teflon so they stay clean in virtually any circumstance.
They are stain and water resistant.
The material is dot matrix printed, so does not look nylon.
It is much softer and the raised bumps created by this production technique ensure the slacks are comfortable and keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
We also love they are wrinkle-resistant and are made from quick-drying fabric for when you do laundry on your trip.
They even offer UPF 40+ sun protection.
There are five pockets. The pockets on the thigh and the right back are both zipped.
For additional security, there is a hook and loop closure system on one of the front pockets.
Columbia Sportswear Men’s Global Adventure Pant
Columbia Sportswear Global Adventure pants [easyazon_link identifier=”B00R1W9N26″ locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy here)[/easyazon_link] are very flexible.
They are made from 88% polyester and 12% Elastane and are woven so that they stretch four ways making them supremely comfortable to wear whether you are sitting or climbing.
As well as two front pockets, there is a secure zip pocket on the right thigh that is big enough for a passport.
These pants can be dressed up or down, so if you can only take one spare pair with you these would be ideal.
They are lightweight, fold up really small, and do not crease. Another bonus is that they are wind resistant.
The finish is water resistant and rain just beads and rolls off.
What makes them one of the best travel pants for men is that they also feature UPF 50 sun protection.
The styling is neutral and apart from the small-embroidered logo at the waist, they could easily pass as dress pants.
Here’s our other top men’s travel pants that we have tested and love based on overall best pants, best men’s zip off pants; best men’s cargo pants.
Best Men’s Zip Off Travel Pants:
- The North Face Paramount Peak 2 [easyazon_link keywords=”The North Face Paramount Peak 2″ locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy here)[/easyazon_link] Convertible Reg Leg Walking Pants
- Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant [easyazon_link keywords=”Columbia Men’s Silver Ridge Convertible Pant” locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy here)[/easyazon_link]
- North Face Men’s Paramount [easyazon_link identifier=”B00DH6AGA8″ locale=”US” tag=”gogreentravel-20″](Buy here)[/easyazon_link]
Best Men’s Cargo Travel Pants
- ExOfficio Nio Amphi Convertible Pant
- Quiksilver Men’s Traveler L Cargo Pants
Manufacturers continue to fine-tune their products, offering wrinkle-free, water-resistant, and sun protection.
It is worth buying the best travel pants for men as they are versatile and comfortable and still look good.
Be sure to check out the rest of our Travel Clothing Series:
- Travel Socks and Travel Underwear: Best for Men and Women
- Travel Jackets: Rain Jackets, Fleece Jackets, Lightweight Jackets and More
- What is Eco Fashion?
What are travel pants?
There are some key things to consider when choosing men’s travel pants.
You should be able to fold them and have them come out of the suitcase or backpack without wrinkles.
They should also remain crease-free after spending hours sitting on a coach, train or airplane.
They also need to be functional, i.e. have enough pockets; be comfortable to wear while sitting for long periods or hiking for long periods; and be easy to clean.
If possible, they need to be smart enough to wear for social occasions as well as for activities like hiking and sightseeing.
If you are looking for men’s travel pants (or Best Travel Hair Dryers You Can Use Everyday) these are all great-quality men’s pants to consider.