Whether you are a first time mom, or on the second or third child; we all know that it is our responsibility, as a parent, to use safe and environmentally friendly products in the care of our precious little ones, and big ones, for that matter.
With all of the advances in materials and the emphasis being placed on convenience versus safety of products these days, it is hard to know what the right choice is for the best product for baby.
Strolling with the Best Product for Baby
This is especially true when it comes to baby furniture, carriers, or strollers. Everything seems to be made of plastic, which we hear or read, is most often made up of toxic materials. What is the right choice? Are there products out there that are completely safe for a baby?
One of the most important products for the family on the go is a stroller. The first thing that pops in my mind is, “How can a product that is made mainly of plastic and rubber be good for my child?”
I’ve done some research and found a baby stroller that might meet the specifications of the environmentally friendly parent.
The product is called the Indie Stroller – Natural Edition and is made by BumbleRide.
It is most definitely not the cheapest option; however it does seem to be the best “green” product on the market, as far as strollers are concerned. Let’s look at some of the specs of the product.
The seating area of the stroller is made using 50% bamboo fiber. This type of material is said to be good for temperature regulation and moisture absorption, not to mention, a natural product.
I’m not quite sure what the other 50% is made up of, however. The exterior fabric of the unit is made from 50% recycled materials, again not sure what the other 50% of the material is made of.
If I had to make an educated guess, I might say maybe it is made up of organic cotton. Here are some of the other specs of the stroller, which, by the way, is a great for the jogging mom or dad:
- The weight of the product is 20 lbs
- It has a 360 degree swiveling front wheel with a locking mechanism
- An adjustable reclining backrest with multiple adjustment settings
- Rear suspension which is good for various terrain in hiking or jogging
- A height adjustable handle
- A large storage basket for all of baby’s necessities
- A removable cup holder, making it easy to clean after each use
- A 5-point safety harness
- 12 inch inflatable tires
- A sun canopy that is rated for sun blockage at SPF 45
- Easily foldable and has a carrying handle
- It is car seat compatible with Graco Snugride, Graco Snugride 32 and 35, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30, Chicco Keyfit 30, Combi Shuttle, Britax Chaperone, and Baby Trend Flex Loc.
The product has great reviews from customers on the manufacturer’s website. After doing a little more investigating, I still can seem to find what the other 50% of the seating area and fabric are made up of, but as I said earlier, this product seems to be the most environmentally friendly stroller that I’ve found and is the best product for baby