The Bardessono Hotel is located in Yountville, California. Guests can enjoy their stay on six beautiful, sprawling acres in the heart of California’s wine country. The boutique hotel offers 62 luxurious rooms, a rooftop lap pool, a relaxing spa, and the Lucy Restaurant and Bar.
The hotel is also known as being one of the best “green” hotels in the United States. Bardessono is LEED Platinum Certified, which means it has been rated by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design system. This rating system takes the design, construction, operation, and maintenance into account when rating an establishment.
Bardessono Hotel in California
First, let’s talk about what this gorgeous facility has to offer and then we will cover how it is a leader in protecting our environment. The guest rooms at Bardessono are suites ranging in size from 550 square feet to 780 square feet. Guests also have the option of a spa suite that includes a bathroom that is a private spa with massage table, a soaking tub, and a separate shower. Most of the room rates include valet parking, high speed internet, turn down service, a daybed that can fold into a twin bed, and a bicycle for touring the town.
Amenities at the hotel include a rooftop pool that is open all year, a fitness center, laundry and dry cleaning service, culinary gardens, yoga classes, and wine tasting. Being that the hotel is in the heart of wine country, the staff is happy to provide guests with information and transportation arrangements to the local wineries.
Before a visit to the Bardessono, you can do some research on the following local wineries: Hestan Vineyards (located just two blocks from the hotel), Somerston (within walking distance from the hotel), Girard Winery, Cornerstone Cellars (just two blocks away), Jessup Cellars, Hill Family Estate, and so many more. Truly a dream for wine lovers!
Lucy Restaurant and Bar is located in the hotel and offers foods made from local producers, including Napa Valley lamb farmers and organic dairy farmers. The menu varies depending on the season and guests can choose from an extensive list of wines, including local producers and others from sustainable and biodynamic vinters from around the world.
Eco-friendly best practices at Bardessono Hotel
If that’s not enough to entice you, let’s look at the environmental aspects of the hotel. The Bardessono prides itself in being a leader in sustainable practices beginning with the construction to its everyday practices. What is a green hotel? Here are just a few of the ways the hotel is making green strides:
- The construction of the hotel was done with salvaged stone and reclaimed wood
- An underground geothermal system was installed during construction for heating and cooling purposes
- The structure of the hotel includes 900 solar panels which is the main source for most of the hotel’s energy use
- Lucy Restaurant and Bar serves food from fresh farms and locally-grown organic foods
- The guest rooms include organic cotton bed linens and bath products that are hand crafted
- Organic cleaning supplies are used in the guest rooms and throughout the hotel
- A lot of glass was used when constructing the building to attract the natural daylight and eliminate the use of electrical lighting during the day
- LED, halogen, or fluorescent bulbs are used throughout the building
- The beautiful landscaping was designed with native and drought tolerant plants to lower the outdoor water demands
Even cruise lines are going green. It’s so great when you can center your vacation around a green facility.
This is just a small list of the measures the hotel took to making their facility the most eco-friendly that it can be. The Bardessono Hotel is committed to making green choices whenever they can. Check it out when you are in Yountville, CA.