During the first three days of our New Zealand trip, we explored the Coromandel Peninsula, a small peninsula east of Auckland on the North Island.
The weather was perfect and the sights were amazing. But the beautiful mountains came with a price. Driving the campervan – around the twists and turns, upshifting and downshifting from 100-45-80-25 kph, trying to avoid falling over cliffs or running into cars — was more than a tad stressful.
Despite the harrowing drive, we explored Coromandel Town, Hahei Beach, Hot Water Beach, Cathedral Cove, and several small towns and beaches along the way.
Here are some of our favorite photos.
Ocean view from roadside stop near Coromandel Town
Cows lounging in beautiful New Zealand countryside
Beachfront sunrise near our holiday park in Hahei Beach
View from the road on Coromandel Peninsula
Digging a personal thermal pool at Hot Water Beach, Coromandel Peninsula
Beach near Cathedral Cove, Coromandel Peninsula
Disclaimer: This trip is partially sponsored by Air New Zealand and Tourism New Zealand.
- Elephant Seals & Penguins & Guanacos, Oh My! Photo Tour of Peninsula Valdes Animals
- Southern Right Whale Watching off Peninsula Valdes in Photos
- Hiking Shenandoah National Park in Pictures
- Koi Fish Pictures: Buenos Aires Japanese Gardens
- Monkeys & Exotic Birds: Animals of Tikal National Park in Pictures