It’s a scary world out there for parents. All of the BPA (a hormone disrupter), toxic paints, and phthalates (endocrine disrupters) in pacifiers, teethers, and toys is enough to make a mama want to give up toys altogether.
Fortunately, there is an abundance of safe, green toys — from wood trucks and rattles to toys made from silicone, rubber, and recycled plastic — online and in natural toy stores across the country. Here are some of our favorites.
The puzzle stacker is brightly colored and its rings are easy for little fingers to hold.
- Made from wood and coated with safe, non-toxic paint
This adorable teether has won awards from parents in the US, Germany, and the UK.
- Made of 100% rubber – no phthalates, colors, PVC, EVAtane, silicone, or BPA
- Packaging is made from recycled and biodegradable materials printed in soy ink
It can be hard to by stylish when all of your attention goes to baby, but Chewbeads offers a fashionable necklace for mom that’s also baby-friendly.
- Made of 100% silicone -no BPA, phthalates, cadmium, lead, or other metals.
This 26 piece set contains an array of colors and shapes that will help your little one grow and learn.
- Made of solid beech wood and non-toxic, solvent-free dye
This simple wooden rattle is the perfect toy for any baby.
- Made of solid wood with no coatings, stains, or paints.
This brightly colored toy improves hand-eye coordination and is made of solid wood.
- Made from organic recycled rubber wood
Your baby will love bath time with these fun, sustainable boats.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
Cute Sophie has a squeaker and her neck is easy for little hands to grasp. Great for teething babies!
- Made of 100% rubber and coated with food paint
- Phthalate and BPA-free
This brightly colored pacifier is cute, natural, and perfect for your little one.
- Made of wood and coated with natural, water-based, non-toxic lacquers
These colorful cups stack in dozens of ways and make playtime and bath time fun for everyone.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic milk containers
These natural and green baby toys are safe for kids and are sure to satisfy the most environmentally conscious parent. Your little one will have a blast with them!
Note: This post contains affliliate links, which provide Go Green Travel Green with the revenue we need to provide excellent, free content. Thanks for your support!